Thursday, May 7, 2009

George Washington is Dead...



My fat frog, George, is dead. He died on Saturday. He was almost six years old. I don't know how long Dwarf African frogs live, but I think he lived a pretty long time.


George and I first met on the 4th of July at one of those carnival booths at the local park. I threw a few ping pong balls into some cups floating on water and I won him as a prize. What I didn't know at the time is that he would start me on a wonderful journey of three different sizes of aquariums, several colors of rocks to match my decor, green plastic plants, several more Dwarf African frogs (to become friends and aquarium-mates for George), and even a beautiful, bubbling shell with a pearl in the middle. Every year I have looked forward to the "Frog Booth" at the park. I wasn't looking for the hot dogs or the snow cones...no, the Frog Booth! George needed friends! It became a tradition, just like the 4th of July breakfast, the 4th of July parade and the 4th of July BBQ. It was the 4th of July Frog Booth!!


I will miss my fat frog, George. But I thank him for starting me on my adventure into the wonderful world of amphibians.
This is Paul Revere. He is all alone now. I don't know if he can stand being alone until July. I may have to find him a friend at a local pet store.
And then, there is always the 4th of July!

5 comments:

Emilee said...

so proud of you for blogging. This is a record for you!!

Ryan said "That is okay, I didn't like that big, fat frog anyway."

Love you.

E

Cathy said...

I love that you have frogs! You have always loved reptiles and amphibians - what a fun thing. I also love that you blogged (TWICE)!
Sorry about George but glad that you still have Paul - hey you could name the next one Ringo or John!! :D)
Love you tons!
Greasy

Cindy Lou Who said...

Did you really flush him down the toilet? After six years? Poor, poor George! I am so sorry for your loss...that's a LONG time in frog years (I think). Oh my gosh, yes, you have blogged twice since I have done anything...oh wait, I shared "Thunder"...nuf said ;)

Joyce said...

I share in your grief over your deceased frog. I send my condolenses (is that how it's spelled). May your frog rest in peace and may you get a friend for Paul soon....

BYU Hottie said...

My favorite is the decorated toilet seat in his honor....
Good thing 4th of July is this weekend!
-Bethness :)